Moberly MO Fun Facts
Moberly was founded in 1866, and named after Colonel William E. Moberly, the first president of the Chariton and Randolph County railroads.
Moberly, the “Magic City”, grew from the town platted by the North Missouri R. R. (Wabash) in 1866 to a transportation center with a 6,070 population by 1880. The North Mo. acquired the site when it took over the Chariton and Randolph R.R. after the Civil War. In 1860, the C.& R. had planned a road west to Brunswick from this point on the North Mo. then reaching toward Iowa
Recommended local businesses:
Hoarding Cleanup Pros Moberly