Parkville was platted in 1844. The community has the name of George S. Park, a first settler. A post office called Parkville, ultimately closed in 1962, was established in 1841, 
The Benjamin Banneker School, Mackay Building, Charles Smith Scott Memorial Observatory, Waddell “A” Truss Bridge, and Washington Chapel C.M.E. Church are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In Mark Twain‘s novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884), Huck, Jim, “the king” and “the duke” crash a religious camp meeting in a town called Parkville, where “the king” lies to the crowd that he is an ex-pirate who was robbed and needs money to return to the Indian Ocean to convert other pirates to Christianity, for which a collection is taken from the crowd. This may actually be a fictitious town in Arkansas called Parkville, which Huck Finn describes as “a little one-horse town about three mile down the bend [of the Mississippi River].
In the Menagerie trilogy by Tui and Kari Sutherland, there was a menagerie in Parkville that was shut down due to it being exposed to the public.
Recommended businesses in Parkville, MO:
Carpet Cleaning Pros Parkville